Multimarine Services Ltd successfully completes the repairs of the Bulk Fuel Oil Tank No.5 at EAC Dhekelia Power Station. All repair works have been completed in accordance with API653/EEUMA 159.
The scope of work included the following main activities:
- Complete re-bottoming as per the As-Built drawings. The existing plates were removed and the new bottom plates have been fitted and welded.
- The tank foundation sand asphalt has been repaired because of corrosion.
- The existing bottom heating coil was removed and reassembled on its original position prior and after the completion of the re-bottoming works respectively. New patch plates have been welded on the bottom plates in order the heating coil supports to be secured. The heating coil was pressure tested after the reinstallation.
- Painting with a pre-approved painting system and with a relevant guarantee issued by the Paint Manufacturer
- Refresh painting for external surfaces after the existing paint was cleaned and treated to achieve the required roughness.
- The bottom plates and first shell of the tank internal surfaces were shot blasted to SA2,5 and painted completely.
- Installation of new external weather sealant.
- Tank Calibration.
All works were completed safely and to the full satisfaction of the EAC Management and Third Party Verification Bodies.