MULTIMARINE SERVICES LTD (MMS) Ltd was founded in 2001 and operates as a Mechanical and Marine Engineering Contractor based in Limassol Port, Cyprus. MMS Ltd is a specialist fabricator and certified welding provider with strong presence in the Eastern Mediterranean Marine and Oil & Gas Industries.
The management team and employees offer more than 40 years of experience in the fields of mechanical and marine engineering, fabrications and welding services. During the last 10 years, MMS developed an excellent reputation as specialist welding services provider which proudly allows the company to be involved in the majority of Marine and Oil & Gas Projects for the numerous Contractors calling in Cypriot Ports of Limassol and Larnaca.
Since 2001, Multimarine Services Ltd has achieved exemplary performance and has executed numerous challenging projects in Cyprus, and offshore Israel and Egypt. The company has a track record for growth as a result of a proven business strategy and experienced management where client satisfaction is always the first priority. Major projects include the Simian, Sienna and Sapphire Project (client: TECHNIP UK) and Burullus WDDM IV, Taurt, Nexen Ettrick, Sequoia & URUGUA Projects (client: SAIPEM UK - Sonsub Division).
- In 2005, Multimarine signed a Frame Agreement with TECHNIP for the provision of fabrication and welding services. In 2007 this agreement was renewed to include the scope of work of the Simian Cut & Replace Project in Offshore Egypt.
- At the end of 2007, Multimarine's excellent services were rewarded with the sign of a Frame Agreement with SAIPEM UK. The agreement covered the fabrications of subsea and offshore structures, the provision of certified and qualified personnel, such as welders, platters, fitters, cutters, riggers, electricians, joiners, fire watchers and general laborers, and the provision of mobile cranes, forklift trucks, and other transport vehicles, machinery and equipment.
- In 2009, Multimarine and SAIPEM UK renewed their Frame Agreement to cover all works to be carried out during the scope of the SEQUOIA Project.
- In April 2010, Multimarine's experience in the field of fabrications of new buildings was successfully tested when the company successfully won a tender for the Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) of a floating barge. Multimarine's package was favoured against shipyards based in 10 different countries, including Turkey, Russia, Greece and Sweden. The barge was fabricated in our state-of-the-art shipyard inside Limassol Port.
- In May 2010, Multimarine signed a contract with Weatherford Global Products Ltd for the complete refurbishment of 28 Air Boosters. This project involved the application of specialized welding techniques under the inspection and verification regime of Bureau Veritas.
- In July 2010, Multimarine became the first company in the Cyprus Ship Repairs and New Buildings sector with a Quality Management System accredited to ISO 9001:2008.
- In October 2010, Multimarine's excellent reputation enabled the company to succesfully win a major tender for the provision of welders to carry out works afloat in France, Spain, Greece, Cyprus and other areas in the Eastern Mediterranean.
- In January 2011, Multimarine became the first Cypriot company with welding approvals from 3 different classifications societies,members of the IACS: Det Norske Veritas, Bureau Veritas and Germanischer Lloyd.
- In February 2011, Multimarine signed a Master Service Agreement with Pride International Inc (now ENSCO) for the provision of fabrication, welding, procurement and general support services. In addition, Multimarine was the only Cypriot Company allowed to undertake works onboard the Drilling Rig, Pride North America (PNA), while the rig was in Cyprus anchorage for maintenance operations as well as offshore Israel during drilling operations.
- In January 2012, Multimarine and SAIPEM renewed their Frame Agreement to cover all temporary precommissioning fabrication, welding of CVC Heads to PLRs and mobilization works required for M/V Normand Cutter in Limassol Port during the scope of the Burullus WDDM Phase VIIIb Project. The vessel mobilization was completed in June 2012.
- In May 2012, Multimarine signed agreements with EMAS and Weatherford for the provision of fabrication, mobilization and demobilization services for the subsea works of the TAMAR Field Development Project.
- In December 2012, the Joint Venture between Multimarine and Biotek SA was awarded the onshore piping subcontract which involves the prefabrication and installation of around 17km of pipelines (3” to 24”) at VTT Vasilikos Tank Farm at Vasilikos, Cyprus. The Contract Value of approx EUR 6m, ranks it as one of the largest ever piping contracts ever completed onshore Cyprus.
- In July 2013, Multimarine completed the PLEM Modification Project in Limassol Port for Geocean. The outstanding quality of Multimarine works won the opportunity to provide it’s certified welders offshore Libya to assist in the final PLEM installation.
- In September 2013, Multimarine was awarded by National Oilwell Varco (NOV) the 5 year recertification of 118 Riser Joints. The Joints owned by DIAMOND’s Drilling Rig Ocean Endeavor were transferred to Multimarine’s Yard in Limassol Port from the rig’s location in Egypt.
- In January 2014, Multimarine signed a frame agreement with SAIPEM for the provision of mobilization, fabrication and welding services for the Burullus WDDM Phase IX Project, offshore Egypt.
- In May 2014, SAIPEM’s CASTORONE, the world’s largest construction and pipelaying vessel was completed with Multimarine's full project mobilization in Limassol Port.
- In September 2014, Multimarine develops facilities in Larnaca Port, Cyprus to support the offshore campaigns planned for the Cyprus and Israel territorial waters.
- Also in September 2014, Multimarine becomes a member of the British Institute of NDT (BiNDT), verifying the strong commitment of the company to offer a comprehensive NDE service to our current and future clientele.
- In December 2014, Multimarine’s Offshore Tank Cleaning Crew and Equipment successfully complete the offshore Mud Tank Cleaning onboard D/S S10000, following the completion of the drilling of the first well by ENI. This activity was also completed following the completion of the drilling of the second well in April 2015.
During the ENI drilling campaign, Multimarine was also subcontracted by Medserv to complete the mud tank cleaning of the Offshore Support Vessels Highland Laird, Lundstrom Tide, Caroline Tide and Caroline.
In December 2014, Multimarine completes the purchase of the Electromagnetic Inspection (EMI) Equipment to serve the needs of the drilling contractors in the inspection of Drill Pipes. As a result Multimarine sucessfullly completed two projects:
- Drill Pipes Inspection for the D/S FUGRO SYNERGY in accordance with the standard TH DS-1 Category 5
- Drill Pipes Inspection for the D/S S10000 in accordance with the standard TH DS-1 Category 4
In January 2015, Multimarine was awarded the contract of the annual lifting gear certification offshore the D/S S10000.
- In February 2015, Multimarine signed a contract with GE Oil & Gas for the full 10 Year Recertification and Repairs of 62 90ft Marine Drilling Riser Joints. The Riser Joints are owned by SAIPEM’s D/S S10000. All inspection and repair operations are completed in Multimarine’s facilities in Limassol Port.
- In June 2015, Multimarine successfully completes the OEM qualification with GE VETCOGRAY which covers the inspection and repairs of Drilling Riser Joints.
- In July 2015, Multimarine completes the tank and silo cleaning of the Halliburton Mud Plant at the Medserv/ENI facilities.
Multimarine has now become a diverse organisation; witth an experienced and accredited Shipyard, a wholly owned Fabrication and Services Yards, offices inside Limassol and Larnaca Ports, as well as offices in the city of Limassol.
In 2017, Multimarine introduced the sister company called Multimarine Shipyards Ltd and have invested in a state-of-the-art, class approved, modern Floating Dock with associated facilities in Limassol Port, Cyprus.